We welcome new members of all ages and abilities, and in case you have mobility issues, or anything that might affect your bowling, here is some information about our disabled- friendly bowls club.
- 3 disabled car parking spaces a short walk from the clubhouse
- Step-free access from the car park into the bowls complex, although a slight slope once through the gate
- 2 greens with step-free access to both. Steps and wheelchair ramp for accessing the rinks
- Step-free access into the pavilion for seating, bar and kitchen
- Disabled toilet in the pavilion
- Step-free access throughout the complex
- 2 wheelchairs for use on the greens
- Various items of equipment available – walking sticks, bowling aids etc
Contact Nigel Apps for more information: 07709284846 email@example.com
I have Aspergers Syndrome and have always found communicating with people very difficult. When I was 18, and after attempting various other sports, I found Indoor Bowls at our local club. In 2010, I joined The Griffin Bowls Club as well, to play out in the fresh air. I have since gone from strength to strength. The club has given me endless support both personally and with my bowling. My confidence, my ability to deal with people and my communication skills have improved beyond recognition.
I am now a qualified coach. I have been able to take on the role of Men's Captain for two years, and this year I am Short Mat Captain. I represent the club in competitions, I have my county badge and now I have been selected to play for England in the first Tri-nations International tournament for people with learning disabilities!
I can't imagine what my life would be like now without my bowls and my friends at The Griffin!
Daniel Adams, April 2019